Monday, July 6, 2009


(Here is only a part of the poem)

As the thought comes across
my pensive mind; intuition fails me
Sliding down to blindness; a sense of loss;
Deary isolation kills me.
Grabbed by a real challenge.
Is recollection of the past
a real help? When winds of change
wanting in life so to blow away the dust?
Life hard upon me this moment
Thoughts are measureless, but
reality is not, I understand:
From the world I not shut.
I see a new day coming.
Then why do I crave still
for the bygone? Trying
to cover the only journey impossible
(retreat to yesterday?)
Vainly trying to clasp water
in my fist; cherished fond memories:
Aim at holding on to them forever?
And hover around reality and dreams?
Reconciliation possible no more
Though my feelings are extant even today.

to be contd..

Copyright © 2009 Bhaswati

(image used in the post was sent by a very good friend.)

13 Comments:

  1. Hasan Zia said...
    "Reconciliation 'is' possible no more
    Though my feelings are extant even today".
    This one much improved n really nice written bt u must use words like, is,are,was,can, have.
    it's nt only the flow or u trying to write like old poets whose wordings r so deep dat they wont require these.
    I appreciate u for dis bt being poetical n correct in english is more imp.
    Subhayan Mukerjee said...
    hello again, Bhaswati ... remember me?
    wow ... that was GREAT!!!

    wramblingz.blogspot.com
    Bhaswati said...
    thanks a lot...n of course i remember u...how can i not?
    Sid said...
    Like the Restless Poet said, this one's much improved. And much easier to understand. Your previous one's took me 3-4 careful reads to understand. Nice structuring. I liked the last part of the poem a lot. "Trying to cover the only journey impossible...." onwards. Great creativity and language.
    Keep writing!!!
    Akshay said...
    These Were Good
    Good Going Mate......
    Jeeta said...
    "Vainly trying to clasp water
    in my fist"
    This comparison to cherished memories was awesome... gr8 work... keep writing...
    Bhaswati said...
    thanks a ton @sid @akshay @jeeta
    Harsh said...
    nice one.. though a bit hard to comprehend :)
    Simanta said...
    Hey u r simply mindblowing...keep writing
    Subhayan Mukerjee said...
    awesome template!!! suits ur content really well ... :)
    Bhaswati said...
    @Simanta m so glad u n "someone" like my poems..
    @Subhayan thank u...! the template is sweet isn't it?
    tanushree, delhi said...
    hii sweets...well wot shud i say ...creativity at its best...n abt the writing skills as some of the readers said i think by the end of this year you will improve your writing for sure... so keep up the gud work...
    Dibyanshi said...
    owo .. simple best ..

Post a Comment